LOCATION: Cedar Rapids, IA
Provides nutrition services to individuals in the as directed by providers. Assesses nutritional needs, develops and implements nutritional care plans, and evaluates and reports these results appropriately. Maintains professional competency and skills required for professional practice.
Candidates can apply for this position directly at: https://tinyurl.com/yc3m8rpz
Questions can be directed toward me at 319-739-2542
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assess nutrition status of patient and, based on this evaluation, plans, implements and evaluates appropriate cost-effective nutrition care of clients.
- Teach informational classes.
- Help coordinate the bariatric support group classes.
- Provide nutrition education counseling utilizing techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the patient’s referring physician and other health care providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Maintain a high level of competence while applying current research information and methods into nutrition care of clients
- Develop and implement an individualized plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the patient’s medical program goals and objectives, nutrition prescription, and self-management training. Assist patients in developing realistic, long-term health goals and goal-directed behaviors.
- Identify opportunities to increase patient, physician, and community awareness of outpatient nutrition services.
- Prepare and deliver community nutrition education programs as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records of appointments for scheduling and billing.
- Provide appropriate documentation summarizing the nutrition care plan in the patient’s medical record.
- Assist in developing and revising patient education materials, forms, and protocols.
- Participate in planning and developing nutrition-related policies, procedures, and goals.
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in foods, human nutrition, or dietetics; food service management; or Institution Management.
- Successful completion of a postgraduate or equivalent dietetic program that fulfills requirements for registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Mandatory Reporter certification.
- CPR certification.
- One year experience as a clinical dietitian preferred.
- Experience as an outpatient dietitian preferred.
- Must be an experienced and comfortable public speaker.
- Adept at using a computer for research and development of presentations.
- Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
- Must maintain licensure as a Licensed Dietitian in the State of Iowa/Illinois.
- Must maintain registration status through the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.