GRILLED CORN SALAD
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, do not shuck
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 2 avocados, seed removed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pull back the husks on the corn and remove the silk. Pull the husks back into place and soak the corn in a large bowl of water for 2 hours. Drain the corn on paper towels. Heat the grill to medium. Place the ears of corn on the grill and grill for about 20 minutes. Make sure you turn the corn occasionally. Let the corn cool to room temperature.
- Using a knife, remove the corn kernels and place them in a large bowl. Add the red onion, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeno, avocado, and fresh lime juice. Carefully stir until ingredients are well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.